Umrah in May (with Shaikh Musl...
We're hiring - Principal
Upcoming Spring Semester Class...
(Cancelled) Health Education Through an Islamic Lens
This class has been cancelled for the semester.
While there is a myriad of health information at our fingertips nowadays, navigating through everything we read and see can be quite a challenge. In this course, under the direction of a registered nurse, participants will be guided to determine strategies to prevent or minimize personal health challenges. Taking an Islamic approach to health education, the instructor, Sr. Johanne Gariepy, RN, will provide students with an overview of current health concerns such as diabetes and stress-related illnesses, nutrition and dietary guidance and lifestyle coaching.
* importance of health in the context of Islamic living
* Islamic history/background of health education
* how we work for or against our own health in our daily lives
* differentiated gender approaches to health
* nutritional coaching
* mental health
* family lifestyle guidance
* dietary /meal plans
* medication education
* behavioral /cognitive coaching
* final class – healthy potluck incorporating course learning