The IIT is a non-profit, federally registered, educational institution.
The Institute was established in 1996 to:
- Strengthen access to Islamic education
- Promote scholarly research
- Facilitate community outreach and interaction with other religious organizations and community groups
- Consolidate the social fabric of the Community
- Sustain Islamic work by encouraging and building endowments
The IIT's mission is to nurture and establish Islam as a living reality in the lives of Muslims and to enhance the Islamic identity in society at large.
The IIT's curriculum includes:
- Islamic faith and jurisprudence
- Qur'anic Studies
- Islamic History
- Arabic Language