Shaikh Ahmad Kutty
M.A. in Islamic Studies, University of Toronto
Born in Kerala State, India (1946) Nationality: Canadian
- 1975-1980: McGill University, Montreal: Doctoral Studies; Specialized in Shariah Thought.
- 1972-1973: University of Toronto: Masters in Islamic Studies.
- 1968-1972: Islamic University of Madinah, Saudi Arabia: Licentiate in Usul al-Ddeen (first rank).
- 1957-1967: Islamiyya College: Graduated in the Traditional Islamic Sciences and received the Ijazah (title) of al-Faqih fi al-ddeen (first rank).
Scholarly papers/works/publications, etc.
- Shah Waliullahs Concept of Harmony (tatbiq) of Reason, Revelation and Intuition in the Light of Hujjat Allah al-Balighah (Under Preparation).
- Human Rights: The Western & Islamic Perspectives (Work in progress)
- Translation of al-aqeedah al-tahawiyyah (2002)
- An analytical study of Ibn Taymiyyahs al-Aqidat al-Wasitiyyah (1978)
- Translation of al-Insaf fi bayan asbab al-ikhtilaf (1981)
- An analytical study of Ibn Khalduns Shifa al-sail fi tahdhib al-masaail (1976)
- Al-Nass wa al-ikhtiyaar fi al-khilafah: A Comparative Study of the Sunni and the Shiah Theories of Khilafah/Imamah (1982)
- Kitab al-Tawhid of Abu Mansur al-Maturidi (d. 944): A report on his work with reference to his role in the development of Kalam (1978)
- Abolition of Khilafah and the reaction of the Muslim world (1976)
- Muhammad b. Abd al-Wahhab: His life & Reformist Ideas (1976)
- Shah Waliullahs Concept of Shariah (1979)
- Ibn Taymiyyahs Attitude towards Sufism (1979)
- Ramadan: Blessings and Rules (1990)
- Islamic Funeral Rites (1991)
- Social Justice in Islam: A translation of Sayyid Qutbs al-adalatul ijtimaiyyah fi al-islam into Malayalam (4th edition, 1987)
- Miscellaneous articles published in various newspapers/magazines
- Evolution of Fiqh and the Emergence of the Schools of Jurisprudence
- Fiqh al-Hadith: A Study of Bulugh al-Maraam
- Readings in Sahih al-Bukhari
- Islamic Ethics: Readings in Riyad al-Saliheen
- Fiqh of Priorities
- Islamic Ethics and Morals
- Studies in Islamic Spirituality based on Imam Ghazzalis Ihya ulum al-Ddeen
- Islamic Aqeedah Level One
- Islamic Aqeedah Level Two
- Marriage and Family in Islam
- Comparative Religions
- Sects and Sectarianism in Islam
- Fiqh al-Zzakah
- Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence (Usul al-Fiqh)
- Presently: Senior Lecturer/Imam at the Islamic Institute of Toronto & and a non-resident Imam/Khatib (orator) at the following centers/mosques in Toronto: Islamic Center of Canada, Islamic Center of Canada, Bosnian Islamic Center, and Ansar Mosque
- 1984-1994: Director/Imam Islamic Foundation of Toronto
- 1979-1982: Director/Imam: Islamic Center of Toronto
- 1973-1975: Assistant Director: Islamic Center of Toronto
Participation in Seminars/Symposia, etc.
- Participated as a presenter in numerous seminars, conferences, and symposiums (from1975 onwards).
- Participated on a regular basis in the ISNA conferences as a speaker & as a participant in Fiqh Sessions (1975 onwards).
- Presentations on Islam in various churches/ inter-faith gatherings/hospitals, etc.
- Gave numerous interviews to newspapers/ television (both local and national) on various issues affecting Islam and Muslims.